I am a marketing and communications professional with over 10 years of agency- and client-side experience. I'm an effective marketing strategist and producer of digital, print, audio, video & experiential marketing content, a trusted facilitator and producer of internal, corporate and executive communications, and a respected, results-oriented collaborator.
Self-owned and managed, The Messaging Company is a full-service communications consultancy and marketing firm providing expert guidance on, and development and execution of, marketing and communications strategies for clients throughout the business and political spheres. Solutions are customized to the clients’ needs and implemented by a team assembled to meet them within the specified budget.
• Extensive experience across industries. Tech, business, legal, tourism, legislation, candidates, festivals and more.
• Cutting edge marketing specialist. Expert in the technical, conceptual and content development of marketing campaigns. Experienced in project management, graphic and web design, digital film production, social media and media services. Focus on providing results- oriented project leadership and skilled execution.
• Seasoned communications professional. Consensus-driven, worked with diverse stakeholders to develop, manage and execute communication efforts in support of key priorities.
• Attention-commanding public speaker. Delivered testimony before legislatures communicating stakeholder support for legislation.
• Diverse client roster including USA Today Most Beautiful Town Sandpoint, Idaho, Cold Roses music festival, Oprah Top 10 cultural festival PierogiFest and nonprofit organizations.
VMware, Inc. is a subsidiary of Dell Technology that provides cloud security and platform visualization software and services.
• Curated, edited & distributed weekly Sales-specific flagship internal email newsletter from Americas SVP office to over 3,000 employees throughout the Americas, improving open rate from low-50% to mid-60% in 6 months while facilitating deeper engagement.
• Developed and distributed additional communications from Americas SVP and GM’s office to Americas management and staff on a weekly basis.
• Developed internal microsites promoting sales initiatives and maintained archive of Americas-specific sales communications.
• Leveraged automated tools and developed employee surveys to analyze engagement with communications content.
• Maintained email distribution lists.
Developed to provide community-driven proposals to improve public safety and address incidents of crime against riders on one of the nation’s largest commuter rail lines, the Chicagoland South Shore Line, South Shore Security Now advocates for customers and their property while on Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District facilities.
• Broad skill base. Developed and designed all website and print marketing materials including copy; responsible for all press outreach and coalition building; singular liason to railway throughout negotiations.
• Results-oriented. Leveraged a successful petition drive in meetings with senior police leadership leading to the incorporation of security suggestions into daily police practice.
Vezmar Media Group is a full-service marketing and media services firm. Provided client recruitment and hands-on creative and production leadership. Responsible for opening successful Inland Northwest office in addition to developing presence in the US Southwest. Worked with clients to develop custom marketing solutions and assembled and managed project- specific creative teams.
• Broad client base. Sought-out solutions provider for start-up to Fortune 500 companies, major music venues and festivals, political candidates, chambers of commerce, leading legal industry firms, non-profits and award-winning municipalities.
• Secured valuable clients such as Taylor Swift Mix Me In app, industry-leading coffee roasting equipment manufacturer Diedrich Manufacturing and major league baseball equipment provider CustomGlove.com.
• Contributed to agency creative tone while providing project-specific art and copywriting direction and production.
• Participated on projects marketing resort destination tourism, municipal business recruitment efforts, major music events featuring performance artists such as Common, cultural festivals, political candidates and government initiatives.
• Engaged multiple projects concurrently, yielding consistently high results.
Apart from my work in marketing and communications, I enjoy most of my time being outdoors. In the Spring, Summer and Fall months you’ll find me enjoying my favorite urban neighborhoods and small towns, and traveling when I can. In the winter I’m generally on the mountain snowboarding when work allows.
I enjoy staying up on current events and reading—literature as well as circa-1950’s sci-fi, crime and horror comics. I love cinema and music and am fascinated by science and technology.